Bilingual Reading Teacher/Reading Specialist- up to $48k
Our client, a private middle school serving girls in grades 5-8 near Methuen, MA, is looking to hire a FT Lead Reading Teacher or FT Reading Specialist. The hours are as follows: M-Th 730am-5pm (extended days.) Fri- 730am-230pm. Twice a week, this position allows you to leave at 330pm. They are looking for someone who is creative, highly motivated, has an understanding of urban education, and someone with an openness to a holistic educational approach.
- Implement a skills-based, differentiated reading class, including the components of fluency, phonics and word work, guided reading, writing, independent reading, and grammar.
- Collaborate with co-teachers, teaching fellows, administrators and supportive adult family members for student learning.
- Serve as an Academic Advisor to a group of students.
- Perform assigned duties such as: morning and visitor welcome, dismissal, monitor meals, student chores and hallways, assist in planning and coordinating chapel services, attend evening and weekend events as necessary such as open house, parent conferences, student speaker occasions, and fundraisers. Undertake other support and leadership duties as assigned.
- Participate in the school’s schedule of overnight retreats and stay away camp (summer, fall, spring).
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $40,000.00 to $48,000.00 /year
|Job Category||Norton Education Group|