Director of Nursing/RN – Williamstown, MA
Norton Healthcare Recruiting Group is seeking an experienced long term care DON for a permanent position in the Williamstown, MA area. Must be an RN.
Director of Nursing Responsibilities
- Directing, overseeing and evaluating all nursing personnel (registered nurses, LPN etc.)
- Guiding staffing procedures
- Setting objectives and long-term goals for the nursing department
We are looking for an experienced Director of Nursing to organize and oversee all nursing operations of the facility. You will create a collaborative and efficient workplace with attention to quality standards and policies. There, all personnel will be able to do their best in caring for patients.
A director of nursing should have once been a hard-working and compassionate registered nurse who steadily developed their managerial and administrative skills. Being efficient, dedicated, a good listener and a problem-solver is what will open our door for you.
The goal is to foster an excellent environment that will support everyone in working to the benefit of hospital and patients alike.
- Direct, oversee and evaluate all nursing personnel (registered nurses, LPN etc.)
- Guide staffing procedures
- Set objectives and long-term goals for the nursing department
- Organize and coordinate admission, nursing and patient care procedures
- Develop and enforce policies aiming for legal compliance and high quality standards
- Control budgets and monitor expenditures
- Resolve issues and deficiencies when needed
- Manage record-keeping procedures
- Collaborate with other departments and professionals to streamline operations
- Report to upper management
- Proven experience as director of nursing
- In-depth knowledge of hospital procedures and patient care
- Understanding of basic budgeting and financial reporting
- Great knowledge of legal regulations and best practices in healthcare
- Willingness to keep abreast of changing standards in nursing administration
- Excellent ability to lead and develop personnel
- Great communication and people skills
- Outstanding organizational and stress management skills
- Aptitude in problem-solving
- Degree in nursing; Master’s degree in nursing or healthcare administration is a plus
- Valid nursing and CPR certification
|Job Category||Norton Healthcare Staffing & Recruiting|