Director of Social Services
Job Description Details:
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
1. Interview and provide a thorough and detailed psychosocial history of each assigned resident.
2. Provide initial and on-going psychosocial assessment of assigned or referred residents. Provide psychosocial plan of service and interventions including short and long range goals, initial evaluation for discharge planning and identification of community based services with documentation that meets regulatory and departmental standards. Assist in developing, assessing and implementing the residents’ clinical care plans. Advocate for ongoing services with community based agencies e.g.: DMH, DMR.
3. Ensure initial and ongoing evaluation of discharge needs; implements and coordinates the discharge plan in concert with the facility staff, community based providers, other institutions, residents and families or guardians.
4. Participates in clinical rounds with team in developing cohesive care. Attends conferences, meetings, programs and may represent Social Work Department, in other settings specific to clinical topics.
5. Provide case management and material support to each assigned resident and or family/ guardian assisting in insuring residents’ finances are monitored and safeguarded, clothes and personal items are appropriately secured and access to goods and services is readily available.
6. Worker will provide individual and/or group psychotherapy to residents referred by other disciplines, identified through clinical records, or through the interdisciplinary treatment team meetings as appropriate in conjunction with team.
7. Utilizes effective skills in interpersonal relationships to ensure an environment that is sensitive and responsive to resident/family needs and promotes effective relationships with co-workers.
8. Ongoing consultation and advocacy with individual staff members, unit manager and unit team, and the Clinical Team around issues of quality of life including residents rights.
9. Referrals for acute psychiatric admissions and liaison for all acute hospitalizations with focus on collaboration with all providers, guardians and involved family.
Works closely with Legal Department, guardians, court monitors, lawyers, and guardianship’s including Rogers Decrees.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
1. Work requires the knowledge of theories, principles and concepts normally acquired through completion of a Master’s degree in Social work and at least five years professional experience in health care or closely related field.
2. Licensure required as a LCSW or LICSW by the State of Massachusetts.
3. Work requires the analytical ability to collect information from diverse sources, apply professional principles in performing various analyses, or summarize the information and data in order to solve problems or design relatively complex systems and programs.
4. Work requires the ability to develop and write instructional materials, prepare detailed assessments of resident referrals, conduct individual or group psychotherapy sessions, or perform other duties requiring a comparable level of communication skill.
5. Work requires providing direct resident care and services to young adult, adult and geriatric residents with both medical and psychiatric illnesses.
6. Work requires ability to communicate orally, hear and listen, and accurate proofreading and checking documents.
7. Specialized knowledge of major mental illness. Brain injury and geriatric mental health including treatment options.
1. Requires working in a long term healthcare environment and adherence to regulatory and facility safety and precautionary standards.
2. Work requires some weekends and/or evenings when needed.
3. Work requires ability to respond to behavioral or related crises at times.
4. Work requires involvement with residents with history of verbal and/or physical assaultive behaviors.
1. Reports to the Director of Social Services.
2. No responsibility for leading or supervising the work of other employees.
|Job Category||Norton Social Work Group|